Band Deleted From Database

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Silver

• Posted: 04/20/2015 03:07
  • Post subject:
BrandonMiaow wrote:
Maybe Albummaster came across one of Jack's old posts, and realizing he couldn't ban him any harder, deleted his favourite band from the database? Lol.

This is actually pretty close to what I was thinking too. Laughing
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 04/20/2015 07:48
  • Post subject: Re: Band Deleted From Database
MrFrogger wrote:
Hi, so it seems that the band "Fucked Up" and all of their albums have been deleted from the database, and all of their albums have been deleted from every chart they're on. Any clue to why this has happened and how it can be restored?

EDIT: Looking at the mod history, it seems Albumaster deleted Fucked Up? Why?

The reason it was deleted was nothing to do with the name of the band or anything else, it was just a dumb mistake while I was going through the database cleaning up duplicates, and deleted the original artist rather than the duplicate, which was accidental & totally stupid Embarassed. I'm attempting to restore all of the data for this artist (& their rankings) from a database backup so hopefully there'll be no holes in the database once it is restored (it takes a little while to do due to the size of the backup file). I've also now added some code to protect this from happening again (not that it matters in this instance).
  • Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 04/20/2015 19:22
albummaster wrote:
The reason it was deleted was nothing to do with the name of the band or anything else, it was just a dumb mistake while I was going through the database cleaning up duplicates, and deleted the original artist rather than the duplicate, which was accidental & totally stupid Embarassed. I'm attempting to restore all of the data for this artist (& their rankings) from a database backup so hopefully there'll be no holes in the database once it is restored (it takes a little while to do due to the size of the backup file). I've also now added some code to protect this from happening again (not that it matters in this instance).

Thanks AM, just thought it was weird that the band suddenly disappeared. Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 04/20/2015 19:43
albummaster wrote:
it was just a dumb mistake while I was going through the database cleaning up duplicates, and deleted the original artist rather than the duplicate, which was accidental & totally stupid Embarassed.

Well I guess you could say you... well you didn't 'The Smiths' or you didn't 'Arctic Monkeys' if you know what I mean Wink
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 04/20/2015 20:39
Kiki wrote:
Well I guess you could say you... well you didn't 'The Smiths' or you didn't 'Arctic Monkeys' if you know what I mean Wink

It could have been a lot worse (very lucky)! Smile
  • Visit poster's website