BIG BEA Manchester Meet Up - 17th October 2015

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
BIGBEAManchester

• Posted: 10/13/2015 22:49
  • Post subject: BIG BEA Manchester Meet Up - 17th October 2015
Right as some of you might know, the good BEA users of the Uk are having a meetup this weekend in Manchester. On 17th October 2015 a group of us will meet in Manchester and have a day out in the afternoon through to the evening. Sure it will be hard for are overseas friends to turn up although we offer the promise of pictures of what will go down. It's going to be fun and you all have front row seats.

Here is a break down of what will happen

Midday - 2:00pm - Wetherspoons Piccadilly Manchester

From this time your host will be waiting here. I will give my phone number to some people before hand if they want to ring when outside so they know how to find me. This will be the meetup place for the day. Perhaps first drink too. Sure other users can meet up at a train station somewhere but this is where the thing begins. To find me look for someone wearing a coat with badges and having a roman nose. After 2:00pm the party will be on the move so you will have to call after that time. Until then we are in Wetherspoons Piccadilly Manchester.

2:00pm - 3:00pm - Record Shoping

Many places to record shop in Manchester. Some only a few doors down from are starting place. Piccadilly Records and Vinyl Exchange are just a road and a bit away. As we have vinyl experts amongst us you are sure to find a great album on offer. Lots of recomendations. There is also a place called Clampdown Records a roads in the other direction which shouldn't trouble us too much. I have never been to Manchester so I do not know what to expect here! Only adds to the excitement.

3:00pm - 6:00pm - Football, Pub and Curry

Football is from 3 until almost 5 so some may want to check out the scores. It is a Saturday so Gillette Soccor Saturday will be on almost everywhere. We are spoilt for choice with places to go. Same goes for curry. I would be very suprised if we found no where which sold a curry on the streets of Manchester. I mean all the curry houses I see have very few customers and the crowds we will give them will be well greeted.

6:00pm - 10:00pm - A Carefully Planned Music Festival (Or more booze)

Right so there is this thing called 'A Carefully Planned Music Festival' on from 17th - 18th October in Manchester. It is a a great number of artists spread over the weekend in a number of music venues in the North of Manchester. All these venues are within walking distance so it is like a gig and a pub crawl wrapped into one. The best part is it only costs £12.50 for the one day. The weekend ticket is £17.50 yet we are ditching Manchester like last nights curry come Sunday so we only need the day ticket which is very cheap. A list of artists are here with information for tickets:

Ask for link from joyofdivison or this username.

The above list may have you saying " Who... Who... Who and Whos that?" Well the artists are mostly unknown right now. Yet this goes with the true BEA spirit! I mean finding new artists and albums is very exciting! When I was hear I remember few people posting about how they wanted to hear the new Kooks album or the new Gym Class Heroes long player because they knew what to expect. But then when 'Satan Plays The Claret' comes along the excitement is back. I wonder what the debut is like. Unknown artists are exciting and fun Smile

If the above does not turn out (can't find tickets for everyone) or we can't find a sound we like there is always the good old bars of Manchester to fall back on so it is a win win.

11:00pm - 2:30am - Club Interzone (Alternaitvely a wonderful 80s night Joyofdivision found) [b]£3 ENTRY
[/b]

Club Interzone is the place the night will end. Pay on the door so no tickets in advance. ROCK & ROLL, SURF, SIXTIES GIRLS, VINTAGE ROCK & PSYCHEDELIA, NORTHERN SOUL, GLAM, NEW WAVE, VINTAGE INDIE, BRITPOP.... Wow it has everything one could possbily label 'Alternative'! More tunes than Ipod copulating with a slightly larger Ipod which it might have second thoughts of being with in the morning. What I am saying is there will be more than enough songs to last until early morning. Plus it will have a host DJ by someone who mocked Richey James Edwards in a Select interview only 1 year after he disappeared yet that is neither here nor there. Anyway... clubland may be the icing on the BEA British meetup cake.

There meetup is all about putting faces on pictures and words. BEA can be all about text at times and less about people. Sure BEA is made of good people. I am sure it can do something great.

The wheels are in motion for the Manchester BEA meetup 2015.

There will be pictures.

You will hear great stories.

You will see legend unfold.

Cool
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 10/13/2015 22:52
  • Post subject:
Sounds awesome! Wish I had the wherewithal to crash the party. Have fun!

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 10/13/2015 22:54
  • Post subject:
Oh my god I am so excited!!!!!!!!

Though I may opt for a kebab rather than a curry :p
  • Visit poster's website
BIGBEAManchester

• Posted: 10/13/2015 22:57
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
Sounds awesome! Wish I had the wherewithal to crash the party. Have fun!

Look forward to seeing you later in year. However sucessful this one is we top it 10 fold in November or December.

If second worldwide meet does not happen this year it will be 2016.

Plus we can get a kebab Luke. Smile We'll see how it goes on day
BIGBEAManchester

• Posted: 10/13/2015 23:00
  • Post subject:
One final thing:

IT IS OPEN INVATATION

Any BEA user (or former... because... yeah) can turn up on day to have fun.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 10/13/2015 23:44
  • Post subject:
buzzin
joyofdivision

• Posted: 10/13/2015 23:46
  • Post subject:

Link
undefined

• Posted: 10/14/2015 06:03
  • Post subject:
Ah so looking forward to seeing how this goes down. Sadly there's just a little bit of water in between me and Manchester. Keep us updated on the happenings of the meetup as it unfolds!
Temporary33

• Posted: 10/14/2015 09:28
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
Ah so looking forward to seeing how this goes down. Sadly there's just a little bit of water in between me and Manchester.

Better start swimming.

*blurp, blurp*
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 10/14/2015 11:04
  • Post subject:
Have fun lads! I'll be there in thoughts.
  • Visit poster's website