Controversial Music Opinions On BEA!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 268, 269, 270 ... 405, 406, 407  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Infinity183

United States

• Posted: 03/29/2015 02:44
  • Post subject:
Obvious one pertaining to myself - I enjoy a lot of 80s and 90s popular music pretty much to the same degree as supposedly more "artistic" groups. It still varies a lot by artist, but I don't really view acts like Mariah Carey and 80s Genesis as soulless commercial puppets because even though their songs have more mainstream-friendly melodic structures and lyrical content, their nuanced delivery and technique put them a cut significantly above other artists and bands of the same genre. Mariah Carey's Butterfly is actually my favorite album of the 90s, better even than all of the classic grunge and alternative releases from that era, and while I still prefer Peter Gabriel-era Genesis over later Genesis, Invisible Touch, We Can't Dance, and the group's self-titled 1983 LP all still sound pretty darn excellent; of of the three is in my top 100, while another is just outside it.
  • Visit poster's website
gerhard

• Posted: 03/29/2015 19:06
  • Post subject:
SingingPeasant96 wrote:
i'm pretty interested though i would disagree with you, what's your favourite of him? do you have any recos?

Yeah, my top album, all time, is Don't Tell The Driver. iz real good.
  • Visit poster's website
LoneStarRebel

• Posted: 05/04/2016 03:50
  • Post subject:
I truly believe that McLemore Avenue by Booker T. & The M.G.'s is better than Abbey Road by The Beatles.
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 05/04/2016 06:00
  • Post subject:
LoneStarRebel wrote:
I truly believe that McLemore Avenue by Booker T. & The M.G.'s is better than Abbey Road by The Beatles.

Listing all the albums I think are better than Abbey Road would be a mammoth undertaking.
Grzywa

Poland

• Posted: 05/04/2016 08:33
  • Post subject:
LoneStarRebel wrote:

If god is a concept by which we measure our pain, then The Beatles is a concept by which we measure our favourite music/bands/albums.
LoneStarRebel

• Posted: 05/04/2016 16:21
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Rap music sucks.

Applause Applause Applause
Space-Dementia

United States

• Posted: 05/04/2016 20:17
  • Post subject:
I don't like Pet Sounds. Wouldn't it be Nice is a great song, and God Only Knows is good, but I really don't see the big deal about the rest.
Magical Mystery Tour is miles better than Rubber Soul and The White Album. I never get how people say The White Album is their favorite Beatles record. It has so much filler! They could have cut out half the songs and it still wouldn't have been one of their best.
To Pimp a Butterfly was fantastic, and Untitled Unmastered was good too, but Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City is okay. I really don't think it belongs in the top 500. I actually think that because the internet is better than good kid. oh god i'm gonna get so much hate.
Grzywa

Poland

• Posted: 05/04/2016 22:05
  • Post subject:
Space-Dementia wrote:
I don't like Pet Sounds. Wouldn't it be Nice is a great song, and God Only Knows is good, but I really don't see the big deal about the rest.

I share this sentiment, but I'll still keep trying. I feel there's more to Pet Sounds than I've ever been able to hear.

Space-Dementia wrote:
Magical Mystery Tour is miles better than Rubber Soul and The White Album.

I think the problem with Magical Mystery Tour stems from its incoherent release history, which makes many fans regard it as a collection of EP + singles rather than a regular, 100% intended album. It's a good listen anyway; no wonder, since Strawberry Fields Forever and I Am The Walrus are there.

Still, I prefer Rubber Soul.

Space-Dementia wrote:
I never get how people say The White Album is their favorite Beatles record. It has so much filler! They could have cut out half the songs and it still wouldn't have been one of their best.

I understand where you're coming from and personally I could do without both Honey Pies, Why Don't We Do It In The Road or Bungalow Bill, but somehow these flops are a part of the charm here. Like: hey, we're slowly breaking up, and since I don't give a shit about what Mickey and Tich think anymore, I'm gonna put a whatever song on the album. That's how I get it... Not their best work for me, anyway Wink
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 05/04/2016 22:52
  • Post subject:
To me, James Otto and Billy Joe Royal are the best males singers to ever walk this planet and Alison Krauss and LeAnn Rimes are the best of the female singers too. Smile Smile Smile

God bless you and James and Alison and LeAnn always!!!

Holly

P.S. And may the beautiful precious Billy Joe.....I was going to say rest in peace, but I don't want him to rest in peace. I want his cutie bootie back here so that I can tell him that I love him!

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
LoneStarRebel

• Posted: 05/05/2016 01:33
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:

- Radiohead aren't very good at all

Dude is correct here.